Attracting Qualified Leads with Local Search
Posted by Rob Ropars on December 4th, 2014
People are increasingly using their mobile devices to find products and services that are near them, with the majority of search coming through search engine Google® which relies heavily on local/organic results. Mobile search should begin to exceed desktop inquiries by the end of 2014 according to Google.1 According to comScore’s May 2014 report, 53 percent of internet time spent is on mobile devices – specifically for search activities related to shopping and finding local business information.2 This means that if your brand hasn’t implemented a strategy to get your locations optimized for local/organic searches, people aren’t finding you but they could be finding your competitors.
And what happens when your location information is wrong online? Increasingly, people searching for information are blaming the brand for errors. According to a recent study, 73 percent of people said they “lose trust in the brand” when a business’s online listing info is wrong. Also, 67 percent indicated they also lose trust in brands when an incorrect address gets them lost (driving or walking). And when a directory like Yelp® or Yellow Pages™ is wrong, 31 percent of people indicated they blame the business for the issue.3
Recently, one of the top 10 banks in the U.S. faced these precise issues relating to its mortgage loan officers (MLOs). MLOs needed a way to improve the accuracy of their information online and increase leads, while reducing cost of acquisition. These goals are industry-neutral and relevant to any brick and mortar business or financial institution.
With the technology of Harland Clarke Digital’s SiteAxys™ solution, the MLOs were able to quickly achieve remarkable success quickly including:
- A visit-to-call conversion rate increase from 50 percent to 70 percent within the first three months.
- 6,500 leads generated from customized MLO landing pages.
- A 26 percent reduction in the overall cost per lead.
It is clear that an optimized local search strategy had a significantly positive impact on mortgage leads. Ongoing web traffic to these optimized pages will continue to improve web search results and subsequent lead generation.
Download the full case study.
1. SEO: Mobile Devices Drive Future of Search http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/72447-SEO-Mobile-Devices-Drive-Future-of-Search
2. SEO: Mobile Devices Drive Future of Search http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/72447-SEO-Mobile-Devices-Drive-Future-of-Search
3. 73% Lose Trust in Brands Due to Inaccurate Local Business Listings [Survey] http://searchenginewatch.com/sew/study/2338839/73-lose-trust-in-brands-due-to-inaccurate-local-business-listings-survey#